Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sun Cellular Internet SHARED


I spent my entire week trying to figure how i can share my internet service from one pc to my laptop and other gadgets. I combed 2 malls looking for any device that will allow me to do this.
My internet service is provided by sun cellular, the speed that they offer is better than smart or globe which is really great but the fact that my connection is via a usb modem made sharing almost impossible...... almost.
I browsed several forums and websites and because my service is rather unconventional, digging for the right tutorial took a lot of time. The following are the options that was offered.
1. Buy a 3g router- very pricey though around 8k for this type of set up plus if your pc doesnt have a built in wifi then you would have to dish out another 1k for the the dongle.
2. Wired connection where you will stick your usb modem to your pc, create a wired connection from your pc to a router which will then supply the internet to your laptop. Very technical not recommended for computer moron like me.
3. Create an ad-hoc connection between your pc and your laptop. If your Pc is wifi ready then you wouldnt have to spend a dime.

Clearly option number 3 is the best way to enjoy shared internet. I just finished setting up the network yesterday and the result is great, i only dished out 1k for the dongle but then again thats a very cheap price for sharing your internet to multiple devices.

My room is officially a wifi hotspot every single device that i own (PSP,HP pocketpc,Iphone, Laptop) is now online.

For tutorials on how to set up visit yugatech.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment