Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Accounting





My college roommate is the only filipino in Nepal as of now ( were talking about filipinos who are staying legally) . We been exchanging msgs then i asked him if they need extra help perhaps he can hire me, this somehow surprised him because he's under the impression that im doing really well here. I told him that here i dont even qualify to be under the middle class categoty, not that im not getting my complete meal everyday but there are things that i really ,really want but i could'nt really really afford.
Lets put numbers into perspective. I checked my excel file which contains all the information about my finances, like how much i make each month,where the money came from and when i received the amount.
To my surprise i average 25 to to 45k a month, to some that is enough money to pack their things and work abroad.but ive been making that amount of money here so why leave right?
Last August i made around 60k, where and when the money left my pocket, i honestly dont know! Let me try breaking it down.
Apartment - 7000
Internet -800
tuition fee -2000
Meralco -2000
thats 12k on monthly bills alone........
Say that, i spend 5k on food a month and whenever i go to work that will give us a total of 17k....
But then again i drive my own transpo so lets say that i spend 3k on gas alone not including maintainance,registration, oils and other things you need to keep your car in tip top shape our total now is 20k...... hmmm no wonder there are times when i couldn't make both ends meet!But were not done yet ofcourse there are other things that needs to be paid using your mobile phone alone is not cheap so lets say that i spend 1k on my phone load thats 21k total, not only that, you need to make life easier by commuting at times its safe to say that another 2k goes to that bringing our total to 23k.
Please consider that you need to buy shampoo,soap laundry detergent deodorant and other whatnots so set aside 2k for those as well..... our total now is 25k.

Stay away from SM supermalls, trinoma, starbucks or at the very least stop drooling over lacoste,gap, new iphone, apple notebook because even if you earn 35k a month seriously you cant afford them.

1 comment: